Monday, May 24, 2010

Amaze me!

Today was a sunny, productive, and enriching day in Hong Kong. It was the first day I went into the agency, learned the transportation systems, and traveled to one of the greatest peaks in Hong Kong.
Things at the agency where very busy and hectic. There are many bookers and many models, and everyone is constantly up and moving. They explained to me the way the agency operates and some of the rules. Models get castings and jobs by text message, and come into the agency on Wednesday to first get measured, then get money for the week. I better watch my obsession with Asian food if I want to get my allowance. :p
I had my first casting today that I went to with another russian model from my agency. She taught me much about living in Hong Kong, and how I would be getting around. I learned that the worlds largest escalator is one of the majoir transportation systems in Hong Kong. The escalator is 26,000 feet and ranges from the central district of Hong Kong to Victoria Peak. It is a fast, free way to get to my hotel to almost anywhere I need to go. I also bought my "Octopus Card" for Hong Kong's undergroud Metro system. Their subway systems are easy to use, and very similar to subway systems in New York. With about a week of practice, I should have all the systems and lines down pat. I realized today that Hong Kong is one of the easiest cities to get around. Walking up and down the hills of Hong Kong serve as great exercise.
The casting was quick and sweet, and I found that Hong Kong model market can be very commercial. Clients like smiles and bottle milk pale skin. Also, the agency prefers a model to wear make-up on castings. The casting finsished quickly after only having to try on one garmet and taking a few snap shots. I hear that most castins in Hong Kong are short and to the point.
Later in the day, my mom and I took a trip to one of the most popular attractions of Hong Kong called the "Peak of Hong Kong." It was at the top of one of Hong Kongs highest mountains Victoria Peak, and we rode a tram car to get up and down the mountain. The peak gave a magnificient dream like view of the city, and had a nature trail you could walk through in the mountain. The view was unreal with the great mountains surrounding the city and the bay. I made sure to get lots of pictures and videos, and take in every second of feeling "On top of the world."

No comments:

Post a Comment